Florida Best Beaches Guide to Best Value Beaches
Priceless beauty at bargain prices
Empty pockets prevent many travelers from considering a Florida vacation. While South Beach and Miami can strain the wallet as quickly as any top-ranking destination, many of Florida's breathtaking beaches can be enjoyed without breaking the bank. And you don't have to stay in your hotel room eating nothing but crackers and peanut butter to afford it.
The following Florida beaches offer discount vacation packages during the fall and winter months, when crowds thin and the weather is comfortably cooler:
- Panama City Beach: More than 20,000 lodging options provide Panama City with something in every price range. With dolphins cruising just off the shore and pure white sand for miles, you'll never want to leave.
- Clearwater: The million plus annual visitors ensure Clearwater will always have plenty of lodging. Clean beaches and spectacular sunsets make a day at the beach the ultimate Clearwater experience.
- Pensacola Beach: Encompassing several beaches, Pensacola offers miles of shoreline, free concerts and easy access to camping and hiking at Gulf Islands National Seashore.
- Fort Walton: With 24 miles of pristine beach, dolphins breaking the waves and plenty of southern charm, Fort Walton is a favorite with families. While the accommodation rates are reasonable year-round, they drop by a third after Labor Day and then drop again between mid-October and February.
- Daytona Beach: Thanks to the spring break crowd, Daytona Beach offers hundreds of affordable accommodations - including campgrounds - right in the heart of town. With racing, watersports and nightlife galore, Daytona is a perennial bargain.
- New Smyrna Beach: This quiet coastal town draws snowbirds with its charm and reasonable rates. The second oldest city in Florida, it offers museums and art galleries as well as all the standard outdoor Florida fun.
- Hollywood Beach: Thanks to its recent renaissance, Hollywood beach boasts everything you can find in neighboring Miami and South Beach - but for a fraction of the price.
- Fort Myers Beach: Fun, funky and more affordable than nearby Sarasota, Fort Myers offers natural and historic attractions worthy of a heavier price tag.
- Cocoa Beach: One of the more affordable Florida vacation destinations, Cocoa Beach gives you plenty of bang for the buck. Close to NASA's awe-inspiring Kennedy Space Center and the equally amazing Everglades, there's nothing cut-rate about this location.
- Jensen Beach: Tent camping, RV parks and numerous package deals (stay two nights, get the third free) are just some of the ways Jensen Beach stays affordable. Even the location itself is a two-for-one, with Hutchison Beach only minutes away.
|Write A Comment|