Your gateway to the Everglades
With more than 11 miles of picturesque beach and nature preserves, Naples is the perfect beach destination. Once a small fishing village and now a thriving and sophisticated town, Naples is draped in sun, sand and exceptional natural beauty. Although it's known as a Florida nightlife beach, with world class shopping and dining and challenging golf courses, eco-lovers will be happy to know that Naples is only steps away from The Everglades.
Golfers can take their pick of more than 35 golf courses. While athletic visitors will find no shortage of tennis, boating, fishing, and water sports, nature lovers can hike trails and explore nature centers at the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary or Wiggins State Park Beach.
You can book an air boat ride and head south to the Everglades, or simply soak in the luxurious display of mansions along Port Royal. Other highlights include:
- Naples Trolley Tours: Hop aboard anytime and discover 100 area points of interest through daily narrated tours. Free reboarding lets you tour at your own pace, stopping to shop, dine or explore as you see fit.
- Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens: Kids of all ages will love exploring 52 acres of simulated jungle complete with wildlife - monkeys, lemurs, apes and more.
- Marco Island Film Festival (April): This annual event includes film screenings, elegant celebrity parties and an awards ceremony, as well as filmmaker and celebrity discussion panels.
At night Naples comes to life with dance clubs, art galleries, restaurants, theatrical productions and sunset cruises. If you're after culture, spend an evening at the Philharmonic Center for the Arts or enjoy food and entertainment at the popular Dinner Theater.
Naples offers everything from modest condos and motels to major chains and exceptional luxury resorts. Try the Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce for more vacation and accommodation ideas.
Need to Know
- On Florida's Southwest coast, about midway between Sarasota and Naples, near Sanibel.
- Winter temperatures average in the mid 70s F.
- Summer temperatures are in the low 90s F.
- Most of the region's rainfall occurs during summer.
- Facilities (at most public beaches):
- Metered parking
- Fishing bait
- Snack bar
- Outdoor showers
Golf clubs and nightclubs have helped put Naples on the map. Wouldn't you love to see what else a Naples vacation has to offer?
|Write A Comment|