Captiva caught the eye of North America's foremost beach authority, Dr. Stephen Leatherman (aka Dr. Beach) - not only did he crown Captiva the most romantic beach destination, he awarded it the title two years running.
An island recognized for its abundance of shells and serenity, Captiva is ideal for a Florida beach wedding - ceremony, reception and honeymoon. Captiva's Chapel by the Sea is the perfect place to exchange seaside vows.
Wedding guests, nature lovers, active families, seniors and those seeking refuge from the stress of the modern-day grind will enjoy the panoramic views, unspoiled stretches of alabaster beach, exotic wildlife and lush foliage.
Captiva's seclusion makes it easy to fill your days. Take your pick between:
- High octane action: Kayakers, boaters and fishing fanatics will love Captiva's beach and crystal clear waters.
- The laid back approach: You can swim, stroll the beach and collect shells at your leisure.
Of course, you could just kick back and do nothing but soak up the sun, or check with the Sanibel Captiva Chamber of Commerce for other great vacation ideas.
The main attraction on Captiva Island is ...Captiva Island. With no attractions to deter visitors from sunning themselves on the powder-white sand, relishing in its tranquil waters is all you'll need.
- Annual Sanibel Shell Fair (March): For more than 70years this annual event has been drawing the crowds. With shell displays and crafts, this highly rated event is fun for the whole family.
Captiva's nightlife is on a smaller scale than its neighbor Sanibel Island. Take a sunset honeymoon cruise, dine at Florida's most outrageous restaurant, the Bubble Room, or have a pint at the famous Mucky Duck Pub and Eatery.
Captiva Island offers lodging at full-service resorts, romantic inns, intimate bed and breakfasts, secluded cottages, efficiency hotel / motels, condos and apartment rentals. South Seas Island Resort has special wedding packages for those who wish to tie the knot on the beach.
Need to Know
- Gulf Coast or Lee Island Coast.
- Average annual temperature is approximately 75 F.
- No pets allowed on county-owned beaches.
Pristine beaches and breathtaking views make Captiva Island the perfect place to exchange nuptials. If a Captiva Island wedding is in your future, check out our honeymoon deals.
|Write A Comment|