Shells, sand and sun
Southwest Florida offers the unabashed pampering destinations like Naples, Marco Island and Fort Myers Beach provide. Florida's Southwest mixes island resort paradise with unspoiled natural wonders. Mix in some family-friendly attractions and you can see why the Southwest is one of Florida's top-ranking destination areas.
The Lee Island Coast, which stretches from Boca Grande to Bonita Springs, boasts more than 50 miles of beachcombing opportunities along the warm Gulf of Mexico shoreline. Captiva and Sanibel Island are known as the shelling capitals of the world, where visitors come to pick their favorite sea treasures.
Southwest Florida is home to the following best beaches:
- Bahia Honda State Park: Close to the Florida Keys, this state park provides the perfect backdrop for a beach wedding. Fishing contests and Jimmy Buffett festivals mean there's plenty to do no matter what floats your boat.
- Captiva Island: Named the most romantic beach two years running, it's no wonder Captiva is a popular wedding and honeymoon destination.
- Crescent Beach: Another popular destination for lovebirds, Crescent Beach also offers much to love for baseball fans and water sport enthusiasts.
- Fort Myers: This family-friendly beach is both affordable and bursting with activities. The planetarium and hands-on imagination museum are just the start.
- Lovers Key State Park: As the name suggests, this is an ideal location for lovers. A Florida wedding and honeymoon hotspot, nature lovers will also appreciate the unspoiled beaches, and the native wildlife.
- Naples Beach: This beach is hot, hot, hot! If you like nightlife, there's plenty of action to be found, but not just for party animals - culture vultures will love the symphony and live theater.
- North Lido Beach: This wild and secluded beach draws birds, nudists and gay couples alike.
- Marco Island: Dolphins, mangroves and sandbars make this a great escape for nature lovers and newlyweds.
- Punta Gorda: Golf and Old South charm lure snowbirds and anyone seeking a peaceful refuge.
- Sanibel Island: Shells and wildlife make Sanibel a natural wonder that draws both snowbirds and honeymooners.
- Siesta Key: A circus museum, imagination zone and tropical jungle crank this Key up a notch. Between beaches and attractions, the kids will never be able to say, "I'm bored!"
|Write A Comment|