St. Lucie Inlet State Reserve
Enjoy the good nature
St. Lucie Inlet State Reserve occupies 928 acres of Jupiter Island and a half-mile of coral reef. Neighbor to Hobe Sound National Wildlife Refuge, St. Lucie Inlet is not an official nude beach, but the isolated stretch just south of the boardwalk is ideal for sunning in the buff. The area is also home to the rich and famous - if you wish to see how the other half lives, you might catch a glimpse of the lavish homes purchased by Burt Reynolds, Celine Dion and several celebrity athletes.
- Hobe Sound National Wildlife Refuge: Go solo or join the Palm Beach Naturists for a clothing-optional boat excursion to this nearby nature reserve. The three landscapes found here (coastal, sand dune and mangrove swamp) play host to 43 species of mammals, 30 species of frogs and amphibians and at least 13 kinds of snakes.
- Blowing Rocks Preserve: This barrier island sanctuary boasts a spectacular water display, where waves shoot up to 50 feet in the air as they burst through holes in the limestone rocks.
If your quiet vacation needs a bit of spark, there's always action an hour away at West Palm Beach. Whatever you do, don't miss:
- 4th on Flagler (July 4th): Nearby West Palm Beach hosts a free, day-long celebration. This day of concerts, competitions, food and fun ends with a spectacular fireworks display.
Jupiter Island is ideal for privacy and relaxation. Stroll along the sand, stargaze or just listen to the rhythm of the waves.
Jupiter Island offers lavishly priced resorts, waterfront cottages, cozy inns and bed and breakfasts. While primitive overnight group camping is available, moderate accommodations are plentiful. Check with the Stuart / Martin County Chamber of Commerce for ideas to fit your accommodation needs.
Need to Know
- Jupiter Island.
- Average fall and winter temperatures range from 65 to 75 F.
- Average spring and summer temperatures range from 70 to 85 F.
- Solar operated washrooms
- Rainwater showers
Although celebrities live nearby, nature takes center stage at St. Lucie Inlet. Let a St. Lucie Inlet getaway take you away from it all.
|Write A Comment|