Sun and fun capital of the world
Miami Beach is a picture postcard of palm trees, wide sandy shorelines and blue ocean waves. Known as the place to "see and be seen," the city lives up to its sexy CSI: Miami reputation. With a beach stretching 10 uninterrupted miles along the Atlantic Ocean, daytime Miami offers relaxation in the sun and surf, exquisite lunches at exotic and trendy restaurants, and people-watching along Ocean Drive. At night the action continues to sizzle in Miami's ultra-trendy nightclubs and restaurants.
With so much to see and do, Miami Beach can strain your wallet. If an entire vacation in this hot town isn't in the budget, don't worry. Miami spring break and Miami nightlife don't have to break the bank - just stay a night or two.
Take a boat tour around private Biscayne Bay and the islands - Star Island, Palm Island and Hibiscus Island - where celebrities escape to their elaborate estates. Try the Miami Chamber of Commerce for detailed lists of activities.
Shop till you drop at Washington Avenue and Ocean Drive's many boutiques and specialty shops. Designer labels like Benetton, Versace, Kenneth Cole and Hugo Boss are just the start. Lincoln Road Shopping District offers pedestrian-only access to Art Deco structures, street theater, art galleries and restaurants. The Outdoor Antique and Collectible Market is located on Espanola Way.
- International Ballet Festival of Miami (IBFM) (late August to mid-September): For more than a decade, the IBFM has brought premier dancers from around the world to a city known more for beaches than ballerinas. Top international ballet dancers make this one of the most highly acclaimed ballet festivals in the world. Whether you love Swan Lake or you're just curious what all the fuss is about, this is a must-see event.
- Miami Grand Prix (March): The Indy racing season kicks off at Homestead-Miami Speedway - what better place to start than in a city that lives in the fast lane?
Forget New York, Miami is the city that never sleeps. You can begin your evening with fine dining, bistro fare or the local seafood shack. Then move onto live music, martini bars, theater, nightclubs or lounges - or any combination of them all.
Although Miami has a reputation for being pricy, there are accommodations to meet every budget - hotels and condos on the ocean, luxurious tropical resorts, romantic hideaways and comfortable family lodgings.
Need to Know
- Average fall and winter temperatures range from 68 to 78 F.
- Average spring and summer temperatures range from 75 to 85 F.
- Colorful, funky lifeguard stands
- Raised boardwalk along the beach
Sun, celebrities and nightlife keep Miami sizzling around the clock. If you want to experience the thrill of this non-stop city, let us help make your Miami Beach dream vacation a reality.
|Write A Comment|