Little Palm Island
South Pacific of South Florida
Once used as the exclusive fishing retreat of President Harry Truman, Little Palm Island is a Lower Keys gem. Although accessible only by boat or seaplane, the island's hospitality has drawn an impressive guest list, including the late President Kennedy, Al Gore and Ivanna Trump.
The only accommodation on the five-and-a-half-acre island is at Little Palm Island Resort and Spa, a private Florida retreat protected by a lagoon. With no televisions, telephones or alarm clocks in the guest rooms, Little Palm truly takes you away from it all. Despite the seclusion, this world-class Florida resort boasts a first-rate spa and gourmet restaurant.
No wonder this is a sought after location for a romantic Florida beach wedding. The resort offers special wedding packages and can help you plan every aspect of your big day, from nuptials to the photo session, your guest reception to the most romantic honeymoon imaginable, and all the details in between.
You can pamper yourself with an ocean-front couple's massage or slip gently into a secluded hammock. For mental stimulation, you can battle wits using Little Palm Resort's life-sized chess game. If you're up to more strenuous adventures, stroll the migratory bird path, canoe to nearby islands or go deep-sea fishing.
A seaplane tour will whet your appetite for the Florida Keys. If the magnificent bird's eye views inspire you, take a boat trip to the following protected areas and explore at sea level:
- Bahia Honda State Park: This scuba diving and snorkeling paradise is alive with marine life. If you don't like diving, you can still see what lies beneath the waves on a glass bottom boat tour.
- Looe Key National Marine Sanctuary: Crystal clear water, abundant sea life and thousands of shipwrecks to explore make this a must see location for divers.
- Great White Heron National Wildlife Refuge: Guided eco-tours let you explore sections of this 7,600 acre refuge. Home to herons and 250 species of birds, endangered turtles also find a safe haven here.
- Little Palm Island Grand Slam (August): Forget sinking a putt, this tournament is all about reeling in the big catch - bonefish, tarpon and permit.
Feast on Floribbean-style cuisine. This Asian-French fusion takes the best of Florida's bounty and makes it worthy of international attention. The resort hosts jazz singers and live piano entertainment.
Little Palm Island has 28 thatched-roof bamboo bungalows and two grand suites. Rates range from $400 to $1,700 nightly (depending on season). While children 16 years and older are welcomed, the resort is not targeted to young families. The Key Largo Chamber of Commerce has plenty of Florida Key holiday ideas to suit everyone.
Need to Know
- Between Marathon and Key West, three miles offshore from Little Torch Key, in the Lower Florida Keys.
- Average annual temperature is 80 F.
- Complimentary manual water equipment - pontoon boats, whalers, canoes, windsurfers, angler boats and kayaks
Seclusion and unsurpassed beauty make Little Palm Island ideal for destination weddings. If you'd like to tie the knot on a Little Palm Island escape, let us get you started.
|Write A Comment|