A treasure worth finding
Once home to a stretch of pineapple plantations, Jensen Beach was dubbed "The Pineapple Capital of the World." Today, the Jensen Beach Pineapple symbolizes this laid-back beachside town's sunny outlook on life, more than its agriculture. Jensen Beach and nearby Hutchinson Island offer guests miles of unspoiled beach vacation options and some of the best Florida value accommodations. Always bustling with bathers, playful children and water sport enthusiasts, Jensen Beach is affordable fun.
A water-lover's paradise, Jensen Beach offers unlimited boating, sailing, fishing and surfing recreation. You may also want to try:
- Scuba diving: Explore shipwrecks and artificial reefs just offshore of Hutchinson Island.
With a surfeit of retail stores, boutiques and quaint shops, Jensen Beach is a bargain shopper's dream. While the Jensen Beach Chamber of Commerce can offer up-to-date vacation ideas, don't miss:
- Gilbert's Bar House of Refuge: Part of the Elliott Museum, this exhibit celebrates the area's maritime heritage and showcases nautical artifacts, lifesaving equipment and historical exhibits at the oldest standing structure in Martin County.
- Treasure Coast Women's Charity Golf Classic (October): Port St. Lucie hosts this benefit for the Armed Forces Children's Education Fund. Women of all skill levels are welcome.
- Annual Treasure Coast Volleyball Classic (September): This event offers the most competitive volleyball action throughout Martin County.
Jensen beach is a place to kick back once the sun goes down. Home to the popular Conchy Joe's Seafood, you can dine, catch a game on their big-screen TV, or just soak in the ocean air on their waterfront patio. Friday nights feature live bands.
Jensen Beach hosts various tent camping and RV parks. Many full-service resorts, hotels, motels and bed and breakfasts offer package deals - it's not unusual to pay for two nights and get the third night free.
Need to Know
- Between Stuart and Fort Pierce in Southeast Florida.
- Average spring and summer temperatures range from 71 to 83 F.
- Average fall and winter temperatures range from 63 to 78F
- Several picnic pavilions
- Volleyball courts
- Bathrooms and showers
- Picnic shelters
- Fishing pier
- Boat ramps
One of the best deals in Florida, Jensen Beach offers value without sacrificing the sun or fun. Check out our deals to see how a Jenson Beach vacation fits your budget.
|Write A Comment|