America's Caribbean Islands
Holiday Isle opens its arms during March and April to spring-breakers and fun-seekers. Bikini competitions, drinking contests and the endless row of bars and nightclubs on Duval Street make this one of the craziest Florida spring break party destinations. "Sandbar," the beach area of Holiday Isle, is just minutes away from all the action. Easily accessible, the beach is also a popular anchorage for small boats, Jet Skis or canoes. Being closer to Havana than Miami, when spring break is over, Holiday Isle becomes a laid-back, tropical gay vacation getaway.
The average depth of the sandbar is only calf-high, making it ideal for a variety of shore and water activities. While the Islamorada Chamber of Commerce can keep you up to date on upcoming events, highlights include:
- On the water: You can cruise the sandbar by boat or wave runner. With tropical temperatures year round, the waters are full of vacationers swimming, windsurfing, snorkeling, scuba diving or parasailing.
- On the shore: The shallow sandbar makes the Holiday Isle the perfect spot to sunbathe, toss a Frisbee or just cool off.
- Theater of the Sea: This seven-acre marine mammal facility offers special animal interaction programs where you can get up close and personal with dolphins, seal lions and stingrays.
- Robbie's Marina: Rent a boat, hand-feed giant tarpons - some more than 100 pounds. - or dine at the Hungry Tarpon restaurant.
- Florida Keys Island Fest (May): Formerly know as "Taste of Islamorada," this weekend festival features free kids activities, live music, arts and crafts, and of course, food.
- Fantasy Fest (October) : This adult-oriented fest features outrageous parades, nude body painting, fetish parties and costume balls, over 10 decadent, fantasy-filled days.
The action starts on Duval Street. Dance the night away at an Islamorada tiki bar or relax with a rum beverage at any of the numerous beachside bars.
Holiday Isle Beach Resort is a popular full-service resort, but a variety of waterfront cottages, rental homes, condos, apartments, resorts, economical hotels and motels are also available on Islamorada.
Need to Know
- Holiday Isle, Islamorada, Upper Florida Keys.
- Average daytime temperatures hover around 80 F year round.
- Water sport instruction and rental are available throughout Islamorada, and at most area resorts.
- The sandbar offers great sheltered anchorages.
Between spring break revelry and gay-friendly Fantasy Fest, Holiday Isle is party central. If a Holiday Isle escape is one of your dreams, check out our deals.
|Write A Comment|