Legal, lovely and laidback
Haulover Beach is one of the most beautiful and frequently-used clothing-optional beaches in the country, let alone Florida. The beach proudly declares its nude beach status and perimeters with signs. Beautiful, laidback and accepting of everyone, naturists of all genders, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age and physical build visit this beach - don't be surprised to see more than a thousand sunbathers getting all-over tans along the half mile stretch of pure white sand. The beach also includes a gay nude section and a designated area for nude volleyball.
Because the beach is maintained by the County, nude bathing is both legal and safe here, so naturists can enjoy the sun without fear of persecution or gawkers.
While nude swimming and volleyball are favorite outdoor activities, especially during Miami spring break, the Haulover Marina is a great place to rent boats.
- Holocaust Memorial: While most of us vacation to escape reality, this haunting memorial is worth a visit. The Arbor of History, Garden of Meditation, Dome of Contemplation and original sculptures make a visit more informative and reflective than depressing.
- Coral Castle: Florida's strangest attraction, this castle of coral lies only 37 miles from Miami. Legend has it this site was built by a 26-year-old crazed Latvian who immigrated to Florida after his 16-year-old fiancée jilted him at the altar. Carved from the ground up with nothing but tools made from junk parts, the story behind the castle is as intriguing as the attraction itself.
- Miami Grand Prix (March): This Indy racing season opener takes place at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
- South Beach Wine and Food Festival (end of February): This four-day event showcases the world's most renowned wines and spirits, chefs and culinary personalities. Star-studded and decadent, this is a must-taste event for foodies.
Haulover offers a smorgasbord of ultra-trendy nightclubs for every age and lifestyle.
Miami Beach is all about atmosphere. The price you pay depends on how much you want in return, be it a large, extravagant suite or a moderately priced hotel room. Condo Canyon, the area of Miami Beach which includes Bal Harbour and Sunny Isles, will offer a wide range of alternatives. You can always check the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce for Haulover Beach lodging information.
Need to Know
- Miami Beach, between Sunny Isles and Bal Harbour.
- Average fall and winter temperatures range from 68 to 78 F.
- Average spring and summer temperatures range from 75 to 85 F.
One of the best nude beaches in Florida, Haulover Nude Beach draws naturists of all ages. Check out our Haulover Nude Beach vacations when you crave the sun.
|Write A Comment|