Antique capital of the South
Known for its antiques, Dania Beach is a Greater Fort Lauderdale area treasure. With more boats than you can count and ocean views, it's no surprise Dania Beach's waterfront is a popular attraction. Marinas and dockage facilities line the numerous waterways and canals, turning this area into a nautical heaven. Diners will appreciate the location for its romantic dockside dining possibilities and succulent seafood fare. Offering more than the standard sand, sea and waves, Dania Beach is a great family and gay friendly destination.
Boating and fishing: Its numerous waterways and canals make Dania Beach perfect for boating and fishing. Whether you want to cast your lure from a seaside dock or out on the waves, there's plenty of catch to be had.
The Dania Jai-Alai, which originated in southern France and northern Spain, is a popular spectator sport among locals and tourists. Fast moving balls, competition and betting on your favorite player keep this little-known sport in the lime light. You might also want to check out:
- IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame: See life-sized, world record catches, interactive computer displays and films. Not only is this a must-see for serious anglers, it's a fun stop if you'd like to learn.
- Dania Marine Flea Market: This nautical swap-shop offers marine art, outboard motors, tackle, scuba gear and more. If an item's related to water, you'll find it here.
- Main Street Tomato Festival (March): More than just pasta sauce competitions, this street-fest includes the Jai-Alai Tomato Tournament and the Tomato Festival Citywide Parade.
- Pirates World (March): With plenty of parking and free admission for kids under 12, this is a fun family event. Classic cars and live vintage bands make this a real "blast from the past."
Dania Beach is known more for antiques than for its nightlife. When the sun sets, nearby Fort Lauderdale is the place to be if you want more than a starlit walk on the beach or a relaxing dinner.
Dania Beach and The Fort Lauderdale area offer 30 gay-friendly resorts and clothing optional bed and breakfasts, as well as more traditional accommodation options. Try the *Greater Dania Beach Chamber of Commerce for ideas.
Need to Know
- Between Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood Beach (Florida, not California).
- Fall and winter temperatures range between 65 and 78 F.
- Spring and summer temperatures are usually between 72 and 84 F.
- Picnic tables
Fishing and antiques give Dania Beach unusual charm. Check out our deals if you think a Dania Beach vacation suits your style.
|Write A Comment|