Isle of Eight Flags
Fernandina Beach's scenic white sand has been untouched by commercialism, making it the perfect place for families to bond over swimming, wildlife exploration and water recreation. The awe-inspiring sunrise and 40-foot dunes on the beach also provide the most romantic vacation setting and wedding decor, for those who'd like to walk down a sandy aisle.
With plenty to do at Fernandina Beach, be sure to check with the Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach and Yulee Chamber of Commerce for up-to-date local activities. Highlights include:
- Horseback riding: The hard-packed sand is made for galloping along the shore. Kelly's Seashore Ranch, the only state-endorsed company, offers this romantic service year round.
- Boat tours: With its rich history of pirates, a narrated tour of the Amelia River is full of sights and stories.
- The Voyager: A 100-foot replica of a 1840s gaff-rigged schooner that can be chartered for a memorable Florida wedding ceremony or family outing.
- Windward Sailing School: Specializes in family sailing lessons, offering basic and advanced sailing instruction and captained charters.
- Amelia Book Island Festival (October): This celebration of the written word offers four days of literary events bookworms will love. Book signings, author talks and parties are just the beginning.
- Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival (first weekend in May): Held on Fernandina Beach , this festival features arts and crafts, food, antiques, entertainment and family fun, including a pirate invasion and fireworks.
You can try the Pirate's Punch at the Palace Saloon, Florida's oldest saloon, or sample Sandy Bottoms, a casual beach bar that hosts live reggae bands.
If you prefer something quieter, many resorts on Amelia Island offer nighttime stargazing right on the beach.
Many Fernandina Beach resorts, hotels and bed and breakfasts offer family and honeymoon packages. Other accommodation options include upscale resorts, hotels and motels right downtown, beachside resorts or lodging tucked away in suburban areas. Full-facility and primitive camping is also available.
Need to Know
- Amelia Island, a barrier island, 35 minutes from Jacksonville.
- Winters are mid 70s F.
- Summers run from mid 80s to low 90s F.
- Restroom / shower facilities along the boardwalk from campground to beach
- No lifeguards on duty
Whether you love beaches or luxury boats, Fernandina Beach is the perfect setting for a seaside wedding. No matter what kind of knot you're ready to tie, check out these Fernandina Beach options.
|Write A Comment|