The West Coast's first beach community
When St. Pete Beach is overcrowded, retreat to laid-back Pass-a-Grille. This gay-friendly stretch of beach has eccentric ambience, unique shops and a bustling atmosphere. It's equally attractive to families, kids, singles and cozy couples. One of the most pleasing beaches in the area, Pass-A-Grille's tiny but pristine shoreline is scattered with pretty pink shells and billowing sea oats. Pastel, wooden-framed homes dot the surrounding neighborhood.
While the St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce will list the latest upcoming local activities, you don't need a calendar to shell, sunbathe or stroll the dunes. Other outdoor events include:
- Shell Key Shuttle: Take an eco-tour to explore and learn about unspoiled Shell Key, just south of St. Pete Beach.
- Dolphin-watching: Reserve a sunset or dolphin-watching cruise and let nature be your entertainment.
- Hurricane Restaurant: Drop by the renowned Hurricane Restaurant and see what all the fuss is about. Be sure to try their famous grouper sandwich while enjoying undisturbed views of the beach.
- The Salvador Dali Museum: The world's most comprehensive collection of Dali art is the only Florida west coast attraction to earn three coveted Michelin Guide stars.
- Beach Goes Pop (May): This annual event features free concerts right on the beach.
- Gift Market (November): Here, merchants showcase their wares in historic St. Petersburg.
While the Hurricane is always lively, Gators on the Pass, Treasure Island, has the world's longest waterfront bar overlooking John's Pass.
Beachfront resorts and historic inns provide lodgings as unique as Pass-A-Grille itself.
Need to Know
- The south end of St. Pete Beach.
- 361 days of sunshine per year.
- Average annual temperature is 73 F.
- Note: The beach's position between the Gulf of Mexico and Tampa Bay can create dangerous riptides. Stay out of the water on windy days.
- No lifeguards
- No pets on the beach
Sun, surf and sugary-white sand make Pass-A-Grille a must-see. Check out Pass-A-Grille getaways and make your Florida dream vacation a reality.
|Write A Comment|