Put yourself in their shoes
Clearwater Beach is known for its spectacular sunsets and exceptionally clean beach playground. With approximately one million visitors vacationing in Clearwater annually, don't be surprised if it's a bit crowded. By day, Clearwater Beach is packed with young sun worshippers. At night, the crowds move to Pier 60, which is hopping with vendors, local artisans and free concerts. This makes it a popular destination for a Florida spring break. However, there are quieter areas geared toward families and Florida snowbirds. Parks and nature preserves also offer less commercialized beaches for those who seek their wildlife in nature, not bars.
Don't be surprised if you see dolphins off Clearwater's three-mile stretch of sandy beach. While the Clearwater Beach Chamber of Commerce has up-to-date ideas on how you can fill your days in the sun, popular activities include:
- Pinellas Trail: You can spend the day biking or hiking this stretch of Floridian beauty.
- Clearwater Marina: If you fancy a day on the water, charter a fishing boat at the marina - no fishing license required.
Family-friendly activities include an old-fashioned Farmers Market in Station Square Park (each Wednesday, from November to April). Or hop aboard the Jolley Trolley and ride along the beach. Other area highlights include:
- Belleview Biltmore Resort Golf Academy: Take a lesson from a PGA pro. Even if you don't want to improve your swing, it's a chance of a lifetime most golfers can't resist.
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium: This hands-on aquarium offers animal encounter programs that get you up close and personal with friendly dolphins and playful river otters.
- Clearwater Jazz Holiday (October): Four days and nights of local and big name jazz will be music to your ears.
- Tour of Turtles (May): A combination of artistic creativity and environmental awareness, makes this annual auction of larger-than-life fiberglass turtles possible. All turtle art is painted by local artists to raise funds that protect loggerhead sea turtles.
The nightlife in Clearwater Beach can be hit and miss, but during spring break the bars are generally full. The Palm Pavilion Grill and Bar hosts live music into the off-season, and Frenchy's Rockaway Grill is another popular hangout.
Clearwater Beach has full service hotels, rental houses and condos available on the beach. Small motels are also available within walking distance of the beach.
Need to Know
- Winter / fall ranges from 50 to 70 F.
- Spring / summer ranges from 65 to 90 F.
- Water sport rentals
- Parasail flights
- Beach volleyball
- Restrooms with showers
- A fishing pier with a bait-and-tackle shop
- Children's playground
All ages love what Clearwater has to offer. If you're ready to see for yourself, these Clearwater getaway ideas will help you plan a trip within your budget.
|Write A Comment|