Florida Beaches by Region
Destination vacations made easy
Location, location, location. If scenery is your deciding factor, then browse through our destination-specific list of beaches to find the getaway of your dreams. While we list activities, events, nightlife and accommodation options, we also give you a taste of what the area has to offer. Since Florida has 67 counties, we've narrowed the search to a more manageable eight regions - all of which have their own appeal:
- Northwest Florida: Although it's nicknamed The Panhandle, this area isn't looking for a handout - it's got plenty to give. Naturalists will love the unspoiled beaches and wildlife reserves while spring breakers make their own wildlife.
- North Central Florida: Southern charm has rubbed off from nearby Mississippi. With hospitality as warm as the weather, and unparalleled beaches, you'll want to come back again and again.
- Northeast Florida: Hosting the oldest European settlement on the continent and unspoiled beaches, this region is a mix of historical treasures and natural wonders.
- Central West Florida: While Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater Beach offer plenty of man-made attractions, nature holds her own here with mangrove forests, wildlife reserves and barrier islands.
- Central Florida: Okay, we're cheating. There aren't any beaches here. But how could we skip the world's top tourist destination? Need a beach connection? Orlando's Walt Disney World is home to the ride that inspired the swashbuckling Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Central East Florida: With Daytona Beach, "The Birthplace of Speed", and Cape Canaveral on its shores, this fast-paced region offers thrills for vacationers of all ages. Despite its high-flying reputation, prices can meet a modest budget.
- Southwest Florida: If luxury is on your list, consider heading south. A mix of island resorts and natural beauty make this a romantic destination with pampering as top priority. No wonder so many couples choose to tie the knot here.
- Southeast Florida: Don't let Miami's ultra-chic South Beach mislead you - this area hosts some of the friendliest beaches in the state. Sophisticated cities are counterbalanced by the untamed Everglades and natural wonders of the Lower Florida Keys.
|Write A Comment|